To benefit society by promoting the development and realization of Digital Earth
The International Journal of Digital Earth (IJDE) is one of the academic journals of the International Society for Digital Earth, which is sponsored by the Aerospace Information Research Institute, Chinese Academy of Sciences, and jointly published by Taylor & Francis Group. IJDE was launched in March 2008, and accepted for coverage in the Science Citation Index Expanded (SCI-E) in August 2009. Its Impact Factor for the year of 2020 is 3.097.
IJDE aims to publish research foundlings on Digital Earth theories, technologies and applications, which improve the understanding of the Earth and support knowledge-based solutions to improve human conditions, protect ecological services and support future sustainable development for environmental, social, and economic conditions.
• Progress visions for Digital Earth frameworks, policies, and standards;
• Explore geographically referenced 3D, 4D, or 5D models to represent the real planet, and geo-data-intensive science and discovery;
• Develop methods that turn all forms of geo-referenced data, from scientific to social, into useful information that can be analyzed, visualized, and shared;
• Present innovative, operational applications and pilots of Digital Earth technologies at a local, national, regional, and global level;
• Expand the role of Digital Earth in the fields of Earth science, including climate change, adaptation and health related issues，natural disasters, new energy sources, agricultural and food security, and urban planning;
Foster the use of web-based public-domain platforms, social networks, and location-based services for the sharing of digital data, models, and information about the virtual Earth; and Explore the role of social media and citizenn provided data in generating geo-referenced information in the spatial sciences and technologies.
Online submission website: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ijde