To benefit society by promoting the development and realization of Digital Earth
• Investigate relevant research teams and projects to create a database of potential authors.
• Invite high-quality review papers to attract attention and increase citations.
• Invite or organize hot-topic special issues to enhance global impact.
• Establish strong connections with relevant organizations such as working groups of the GEO, ISPRS, and OGC to achieve fruitful collaboration.
• Work closely with TGs II and III and maintain collaborative connections with relevant communities.
• The TG will successfully invite at least four high-quality review papers each year.
• The TG will successfully invite or organize at least two special issue papers each year.
• The TG will create a database of potential authors.
• The TG will establish strong collaborative connections with relevant organizations.
The outreach group will communicate by email and WeChat (BEDJ-Outreach Team). The outreach group aims to improve the exposure, impact, and popularity of the BEDJ through the following strategies.
• Exposure – To promote the exposure of the BEDJ to relevant research communities, every topic editor is recommended to advertise the journal using the following methods.
1. Add the journal information in your email signature.
Professor, XX University
Address: | Contact: | Email:
Topic Editor, Big Earth Data Journal (https://www.tandfonline.com/tbed)
2. Advertise the journal in your self-introduction when delivering research talks.
3. Share relevant special issues of the journal with colleagues and collaborators and invite them to submit articles to those issues.
4. Sponsor sessions or student paper competitions at conferences; e.g., AAG, AGU, ISPRS, Geospatial Week, etc.
• Impact – Review/Data Papers and Journal Citations
1. The outreach group plans to invite or submit high-quality review papers or manuscripts focusing on data products to improve the impact of the BEDJ.
• Topic editors will form task forces based on research interests and availability; e.g., disaster management, urban informatics, remote sensing applications, etc.
• Each task force will work together to determine a research topic or a data product and write or invite a literature review article or data paper.
• Each task force will invite distinguished scholars to serve as co-authors and provide suggestions for improving the review article or data paper.
2. The outreach group will enhance citations to articles published in the BEDJ through the following approaches.
• Summarize current publications by topic (remote sensing, geophysics, ecology, social sensing, urban informatics, etc.).
• Encourage topic editors and interested scholars to read and promote relevant papers.
• Prepare news-style short articles to highlight findings from papers published in the BEDJ and send these articles to the Social Media Group for dissemination.
• Popularity – The outreach group will invite or organize special issues on cutting-edge and critical geoscience research topics to encourage scholars from a range of backgrounds to submit manuscripts to the BEDJ.
1. Identify 3–5 cutting-edge or critical research topics in the field of Big Earth Data collection, analysis, and applications, as well as relevant research teams/potential authors who might contribute papers on the identified topics.
2. Contact and collaborate with the target research teams to discuss possibilities for collaboratively organizing special issues.
3. Finalize the special issue summaries and send them to different academic communities and TG II to invite submissions.